This post was written in collaboration with Singtel Dash. While we are financially compensated by them, we nonetheless strive to maintain our editorial integrity and review products with the same objective lens. We are committed to providing the best recommendations and advice in order for you to make personal financial decisions with confidence. You can view our Editorial Guidelines here.
Most of us traditionally get our insurance plans from an agent, be it through a referral from a friend or our existing agent. We then set a date, meet up, go through the plan and then sign the papers.
Even if you choose to search online for insurance policies, you may need to fill in your contact details on the insurer’s website then wait for a callback from an agent before you kickstart the above process.
What if there’s a quicker (and easier) way to do so? Yup, instead of asking around for referrals or searching online, you can conveniently view and buy some insurance plans through a mobile app that you already use for your day-to-day needs — Singtel’s mobile wallet, Dash.
An easier solution in the palm of our hand
Remember the insurance savings plans from Singtel Dash and digital insurer Etiqa’s Dash EasyEarn that provided great returns?
Savings insurance plan Dash EasyEarn was launched in mid-2020, making it the first insurance savings plan available on a mobile wallet in Singapore. Earlier this year, the second digital insurance savings plan Dash PET (Protect, Earn, Transact) was launched on the app too.
Since end-April 2021, a new suite of life and general insurance plans have been available through the Singtel Dash app.
What’s Singtel Dash?
Singtel Dash is a mobile wallet that you can use to pay for daily spending on things such as public transport and shopping in-stores or online. It works just like any other contactless payment — just link your Dash Virtual Visa card and tap to pay, or scan a QR code. Besides allowing you to save with Dash EasyEarn and Dash PET, Dash also allows you to send money to several Asian countries, including China, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia. And it offers rewards too (more on that later)!
What essential insurance plans are available through Singtel Dash?
Singtel Dash and Etiqa have teamed up once more to launch a new suite of insurance plans. In addition to existing benefits, discounts and cashbacks, you’ll also earn exclusive Dash reward points!
Typically, insurance purchases do not attract other perks (i.e. credit card points, etc), but now’s your chance to get some extra protection and earn more Dash reward points at the same time.
Here’s the 4 plans currently available:
|Type of insurance||Coverage includes..||Premium||Dash exclusive promotion|
|ePROTECT maid Insurance||Personal accident, Covid-19 vaccination side effects, medical expenses reimbursement, etc||From $138.42/year (after 25% off)||1,000 (purchase in-app by 31 December 2021)|
|Private Car Insurance||Repair warranty, child seat, windscreen, etc||Dependent on criteria (car model, year, off peak/peak, driver’s profile, etc.)||5,000 (purchase in-app by 31 December 2021)|
|Tiq Cancer Insurance||Up to $200,000, includes early stage cancer||From $0.27/day*||(up to $200 cashback)|
|Term Life Insurance||$50,000 – $2 million, lump sum payouts, etc||From $0.04/day^||(up to $100 cashback)|
*Premium based on S$50,000 cover for a 20-year-old, male non-smoker
^Based on S$50,000 cover (5-year renewable term plan) for a 19-year-old non-smoking female
Terms apply. Refer to policy documents provided on Singtel Dash app for details.
ePROTECT maid Insurance
Your domestic helper is one who you rely on to keep your home in order, take care of your kids or parents and cook for your family. And you’ll want her to stay protected in case of any unforeseen incidents.
If you’ve done some light research, you’ll know that Etiqa’s maid insurance is one of the most affordable options in Singapore. Consider getting one through Dash for the additional points that you won’t find anywhere else. Plans come in 14-month and 26-month coverages, with premiums starting from $138.42 (14-month Plan A, after 25% off).
- Personal accident coverage from $60,000 for your helper
- Free financial assistance benefit if any side effects arising from Covid-19 vaccination
- Termination and re-hiring expenses
- Reimbursement of medical expenses (i.e. you and your family) if there is any abuse by maid
The app will guide you through a step-by-step process where you’ll be able to key in your helper’s personal particulars and see the final premium cost before you click pay.
Buy before 31 December 2021 to receive 1,000 Dash points. Stack this with a 25% off promo code (DASH25).
Private Car Insurance
If your car insurance is due for renewal, you can get a new plan conveniently via Singtel Dash without all the frills and add-ons that car dealers try to sell you. And it’s apparently competitively priced for those who own Japanese cars, which is most of us.
- 9-month repair warranty at authorised workshops islandwide
- Free coverage of up to $300 for child seat
- Unlimited windscreen cover ($100 excess for each replacement)
- Extra 5% discount if you’re demerit free
Simply click through to the correct section on the app where you’ll be asked to fill in your details such as how many years you’ve been driving, no-claim discount, number of claims you’ve filed and if you’d like to add any drivers.
Sign up by 31 December 2021 to enjoy 5,000 Dash reward points (worth S$10).
Tiq Cancer Insurance
When it comes to cancer insurance, it’s always good to have a plan that covers early stage cancer, like this one. Not to say we’re kiasu, but statistics show that 1 in 4 people may develop cancer in their lifetime. And if you seek treatment early, there’s a high chance you’ll survive it (about 80% for people below age 50).
- Full payout for all stages of cancer
- Choose a benefit of $50,000 or $100,000, or $200,000
- Etiqa special: Yearly 6% discount when you renew your policy if no claims made during previous year
- Death benefit of $5,000
Apply by 30 September 2021 to stand to get $50, $100 or $200 cashback, depending on your premium amount. Use promo code DASH100.
Term Life Insurance
Term life insurance has become more popular of late due to cheaper premiums for policies that don’t lock you in for life. This helps greatly for families who want to ensure their dependents have enough should something happen to them, or if there’s a large long-term loan like mortgage they’re still paying for.
- Choose from term plans of 5 years (renewable), 20 year (fixed), or up to age 65
- Coverage of $401,000 – $2 million
- Lump sum payout in event of terminal illness or Total Permanent Disability ($10,000 – $100,000)
- Coverage against 30 types of Critical Illness
- Death benefit of $2 million
Be one of the first 100 to apply by 30 September 2021 to enjoy discounts and cashback, based on the term plan you choose. Remember to key in the code DASH100.
|Premium Term Plan||Sum Assured||Discount/Cashback amount entitled to|
|5 year renewable term||Sum Assured from S$401,000 – S$2,000,000||Perpetual discount 14% and S$50 Cashback|
|20 year fixed term||Sum Assured from S$401,000 – S$999,000||Perpetual discount 18% and S$50 Cashback|
|Sum Assured from S$1,000,00 and above||S$100 Cashback, subject to minimum annual premium of S$500|
|Up to age 65||Sum Insured from S$401,000 and above||S$100 Cashback, subject to minimum annual premium of S$500|
About Dash reward points
For every dollar you spend via Dash (i.e. using Dash to make payments) at any of the over 72,000 merchants, you earn Dash reward points. Pretty easy to earn huh? Here’s an overview of the rewards system:
As you can see, the more you spend, the more points you earn. And the monthly spending isn’t even a lot at all. If you eat at a restaurant once a week (provided if it’s a participating Dash merchant), you’ll easily be able to hit at least Gold tier.
Ways to earn more Dash reward points:
- Make a remittance via the Dash app (50 points)
- Save and protect with Dash PET (till 30 September 2021)
- Purchase of selected insurance plans (new)
Redemption through vouchers via an extensive Rewards catalogue. For example:
- $2 Grab voucher with 1,000 points
- $5 Cold Storage voucher with 2,500 points
- Other partners include Subway, Sephora, Zalora, Singtel and more!
Remember, when buying insurance, check for things like coverage, claim eligibility and cost of premiums. Find out more details on the insurance plans and download the Singtel Dash app to get started.
– This article is written in collaboration with Singtel Dash
– The information is meant purely for informational purposes and should not be relied upon as financial advice.
– Dash PET is not a bank account or a fixed deposit. It is an insurance savings plan that earns a crediting interest rate.
– These policies are underwritten by Etiqa Insurance Pte. Ltd. (Company Reg. No. 201331905K). This advertisement is for general information only. Terms apply. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract. Protected up to specified limits by SDIC. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact us or visit the General Insurance Association (GIA), Life Insurance Association (LIA) or SDIC websites (www.gia.org.sg, www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg). As buying a life insurance policy is a long-term commitment, an early termination of the policy usually involves high costs and the surrender value, if any, that is payable to you may be zero or less than the total premiums paid. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before deciding to purchase the policy. If you choose not to seek advice, you should consider if the policy is suitable for you. As term life insurance has no savings or investment feature, there is no cash value if the policy ends or if the policy is terminated prematurely. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore. Information is accurate as at 9 September 2021.
The post Here’s An Easier Way to Purchase Essential Insurance Plans — Plus Enjoy Discounts, Cashback & Reward Points appeared first on the MoneySmart blog.
MoneySmart.sg helps you maximize your money. Like us on Facebook to keep up to date with our latest news and articles.
Compare and shop for the best deals on Loans, Insurance and Credit Cards on our site now!
The post Here’s An Easier Way to Purchase Essential Insurance Plans — Plus Enjoy Discounts, Cashback & Reward Points appeared first on MoneySmart.sg.
Original article: Here’s An Easier Way to Purchase Essential Insurance Plans — Plus Enjoy Discounts, Cashback & Reward Points.
© 2009-2018 Catapult Ventures Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.